The project setup process usually requires 15 working days (three full weeks). We create an automated process based on your InDesign file and your data file. Once that is complete, we share the results with you asking for your comments and confirmation. Here are the steps:
1. Share a sample of the project’s files (an InDesign template of the document you want to automate).
2. Share the data file you want to use. This file must include all the product information you want to publish.
If it already exists, it can be an exported from a business app such as ERP, PIM, DAM, or E-commerce; a specially made spreadsheet, like Excel, CSV, Libre Office, Google Sheets, etc.; or a combination of both data files: a business app export (E.g. SAP, AS400) and a specially made Excel document with the missing product information.
If the file does not yet exist, we can create a tailor-made spreadsheet for the project. If you have more than one data file, don’t worry, send us all of them!
3. Share your assets
- Images (jpeg, jpg, tiff, png, etc.)
- Vector files (ai, eps)
- Other assets (Photoshop, pdf, InDesign static pages, etc.)
Our Development Team will create the first automated document. When it’s ready, you will log in to the Pagination cloud to launch the automatic creation of the document yourself.
I don’t have an InDesign layout. What can I do?
If you can’t provide us with an InDesign layout, you can:
- Ask us to create a brand new one. This costs €500 (for eight working hours); subsequent changes are charged at €40/hour.
- Choose one of our free templates.
I don’t have a data sheet. What can I do?
If you can’t provide a datasheet in Excel, CSV, TXT, or XML format, we can help you to create one. Data entry is not included in the project quote unless it’s at the specific request of the customer.